Title: Digital Programming Internship (unpaid) for credit only
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
The Internship Program for Beasley Media Group radio stations WXKB, WJPT, WRXK, WBCN, and WWCN in Fort Myers, Florida, is a paid position that is designed to give students hands-on experience with the various aspects of website and social content creation for radio stations.
The program is available to students working for academic credit, who are able to work 10-15 hours per week for twelve weeks. Interns are trained and supervised by the Digital Programming Department. Interns must be resourceful and willing to initiate projects. Good communication skills and attention to detail are important. Knowledge of Word Press is a plus.
Required skills necessary for this opportunity:
· A college junior or senior with aptitude for writing and content creation/management
· Shooting & editing video and audio is a bonus.
· Must be familiar with social networking sites.
· Experience in WordPress is not necessary but will be taught.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and schedules.
· Highly organized and able to multi-task
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· A love for music, sports, and lifestyle culture writing is preferred.
Opportunity to work directly in the radio / digital publishing industry. Your published works can be used to build your portfolio.
This is a paid internship that must be done for approved credits only; student must be enrolled in an accredited university.
Interested applicants should email the Digital Program Director, Joe Winner at [email protected]