Date: April 7, 2021
Title: Digital Program Director
Location: Detroit, MI
Description: Beasley Media Group is growing again! We are looking for an experienced, industrious, and creative Digital Program Director to lead the digital content initiatives for the most popular audio brands in Michigan, which generate millions of impressions weekly from users around Detroit and the world. We need someone who loves teamwork and new ideas! The ideal candidate will develop, produce, and deliver engaging content for programming and sales while working collaboratively with our brands’ program and marketing directors, corporate digital specialists, and sales management.
THIS PERSON WILL LEAD THE DIGITAL EFFORT IN THESE WAYS:
- Manage and implement strategies to increase website traffic to meet corporate goals through talent and brand focused original content development: creative editorial photo galleries, engagement tools, user generated content, social media referral traffic, email referral traffic, content partnerships, search engine optimization, and third party provided content
- Approach content with a journalistic sensibility; capable of creating and packaging news and information in highly credible, professional and clever ways—and able to lead/coach on-air talent to extend our brands into compelling, multi-media content machines. This involves use of 3rd Party Research to drive content development.
- Leverage data and website metrics to advance our digital goals.
- Regularly meet with the Corporate Digital Marketing team on best practices, strategies, content ideas, and content marketing to achieve goals.
- Coordinate all onsite/offsite coverage of events through live streams, real time social media and website updates
- Execute email marketing with input from PDs, marketing teams and ad sales
- Work with marketing teams to ensure that all digital assets are aligned with the station/brand by hosting a dedicated digital marketing meeting each week
- Implement digital contesting via vendor platforms, social and texting platforms
- Collaborate with sales teams on advertisement-based content strategies and execution and to ensure best programming opportunities/franchises are monetized
- Oversee digital equipment working with IT and engineering to determine local equipment needs and services
- Able to deliver content excellence within any given assigned parameters and topics—while capturing the vibe and humor of our brands and formats
- An inquisitive nature dialed into pop culture…including Rock & Hip Hop music genres.
- Able to thrive within a fast-paced environment and multi-task in an organized, professional, dependable manner
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent grammar and writing skills are essential
- Prior experience reporting/writing/repurposing content through media distribution channels;
- Proficiency in WordPress or another CMS,
- Basic proficiency in SEO
- Terrific brainstorming and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to lead and coach a team
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop
- Social Media brand experience
- Basic proficiency in video production
Last Date for Consideration: Until Filled.
Submit Cover Letter and Resumes to: [email protected].
Interested Applicants Should Specify Where They Found the Posting When Applying.
No Phone Calls Please.
Beasley Media Group, LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.