Digital Program Director
Title: Digital Program Director
Date Opened: May 18, 2023
Location: Detroit, MI
Description: Beasley Media Group Detroit is looking for an experienced Digital Program Director to lead our cluster’s Digital Department. The ideal candidate will lead and coach our team to develop, produce and deliver engaging content for programming and sales, as well as assist with management of our websites and social media.
THIS PERSON WILL LEAD THE DIGITAL EXPANSION EFFORT FOR THE CLUSTER:
• Manage and implement strategies to increase website traffic to meet corporate goals through talent and brand focused original content development: creative editorial photo galleries, engagement tools, user generated content, social media referral traffic, email referral traffic, content partnerships, search engine optimization, and third party provided content.
• Approach content with a journalistic sensibility; capable of creating and packaging news and information in highly credible, professional and clever ways—and able to lead/coach on-air talent to extend our brands into compelling, multi-media content machines. This involves the use of 3rd. Party Research to drive content development.
• Ability to leverage data and website metrics to advance our digital goals.
• Regularly meets with the Corporate Digital Marketing team on best practices, strategies, content ideas, and content marketing to help achieve company digital goals.
• Coordinates onsite/offsite coverage of events through live streams, real time social media and website updates.
• Executes email marketing with input from PDs, Marketing, and Ad Sales.
• Works with Marketing teams to ensure all digital assets are aligned with the stations/brands by hosting a dedicated Digital Marketing Meeting each week.
• Implements digital contesting via vendor platforms, social and texting platforms.
• Collaborates with sales teams on advertisement-based content strategies and execution and to ensure best programming opportunities/franchises are monetized.
• Oversees digital equipment working with IT and Engineering to determine local equipment needs and services.
• Creative and highly motivated to deliver content excellence within any given/assigned parameters and topics—while capturing the vibe and humor of our brands and formats.
• An inquisitive nature and dialed into pop culture.
• Able to thrive within a fast-paced environment and multi-task in an organized, professional, dependable manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or mass communications preferred with excellent grammar and writing skills, along with visual sensibility.
• Prior experience reporting/writing/repurposing content through media distribution channels.
• Knowledge of WordPress, SEO and social media Posting techniques and policies and email platforms.
• Terrific brainstorming and collaboration skills to work with talent at varying levels of seniority and digital experience.
• Writing samples and/or portfolio.
• Proven ability to lead and coach a team.
• Proficiency in video production/photography/editing software (Adobe Cloud, Photoshop), operating a live stream and social media experience.
Last Date for Consideration: Ongoing – Until position is filled. Interested Applicants Should Indicate Where They Found the Posting.
Submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. No Phone Calls Please.
Beasley Media Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Person will be discriminated against due to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.