Date: September 7, 2021
Title: Chief Engineer and IT Director
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Beasley Media Group, Fayetteville is looking for an experienced Chief Engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to, studio and transmitter maintenance and construction, RF Systems, and audio routing systems. The ideal candidate will be successful in working well with staff, thinking clearly under pressure, and applying creative solutions in a timely manner. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated person, who is qualified for this rare opportunity to work with us as we prepare to build and move to a new studio facility. Beasley’s Fayetteville market includes (4) FM’s, (1) AM and (2) Translators. The ideal candidate will also support our staff with all computer-related hardware and software needs; manage local computer networks; manage local phone systems and provide mobile phone support. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the IT infrastructure for our Radio Stations in the Fayetteville market and the needs of our departments in a timely and collaborative way. The candidate will need knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures regarding Networking, Microsoft Server, Office, and various supporting applications in a Broadcast Environment.
· Minimum five years of radio engineering experience and two years of IT training
· Knowledge of RF Systems, and RF troubleshooting skills;
· Preferred experience with radio studio construction and maintenance;
· Preferred experience with Radio Automation software (Audio Vault & Wide Orbit)
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, specifically storage functions, Microsoft Desktop operating Systems and Microsoft Office products including SharePoint & Apple OS is a plus.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
· Must be willing to work off hours and be on call;
· SBE Certification is a plus;
· Valid drivers’ license and vehicle insurance are required;
· Ability to provide helpdesk support to end users
· The ability to ensure IT activities are within security parameters as outlined by management.
· Project management experience
Vaccination – Condition of Employment
As a company we have a responsibility to ensure the safety of our employees, their families, and the communities we serve. Beasley employees share this responsibility. Accordingly, we will be requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated by November 1st, excepting those with religious or medical accommodations. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated by November 1st, we invite you to still apply. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from
discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted.
This position is full-time and includes benefits
Last Date for consideration: Until Filled
Interested applicants should indicate where they found this posting when submitting their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Beasley Media Group, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology|